23 June 2011

Unsettling shots and unfaithfully worried

Well, Apricot had her shots today.  Much to my dismay, God did not close the pediatricians office, or give us a flat tire, or bring any small disaster onto us so that we could not get her immunized.  He also did not give me any new really good reasons not to.  I was praying for any of those things or else I would keep her appointment.  Nothing happened.  So she got them done.  I prayed for God's peace, and He said no.  Or at least, "You just have to trust me big time."  I do trust Him.  I know Romans 8:28, and I am reciting the crap out of it.  "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose."  I know that reaction or not, whatever happens is God's Will.  I know He is good.  I know lots of things; it is believing those things that is hard!  Lord, help my unbelief!


I have been extra cranky lately.  Every morning I pray that God helps me to think before I speak.  Every morning.  Lots of times I think after I speak, and I am regretful.  It's a process.  God is molding me into His image.  We need more water!

1 comment:

  1. "I know Romans 8:28, and I am reciting the crap out of it."

    Girl, you crack me up! THANKS so much for the encouragement last Friday! I was wearing down and not sure if I was going to make it. Your comment gave me a burst of motivation! so, THANKS!

    And EXCELLENT on your progress. Every. little. bit. adds. up!

    ReplyDelete