14 June 2011

Not-so-hidden blessings

My first comment!  I was pleasantly surprised!  And actually, if I am honest, much happier about it than I had anticipated.  I really, REALLY thought that I did not care so much.


Also?  God is pretty cool.  It is neat for me to think there are people out there, that I don't even know, praying for my family.  So, so cool.  Thank you, Jesus.


Today Oak (formally known as H) and I went for a walk with Apricot (formally known as D).  We have been going for walks lately, since the weather has been so nice, instead of exercising to Jillian Michaels (or whomever we choose that day - thanks On Demand!).  Apricot has not been napping very well recently, and we know that eventually she will fall asleep in the stroller, so off we went!  We walked a little over five miles today!  I tracked it when we got home, and I could not believe it.  That is a record for us, I think.  I love walking with Oak (and Apricot) because it gives us time to chat about life, and ideas, and just everything.


As much as it is a burden with us both being unemployed, it has been such a blessing to us.  We have gotten to know each other so much better, and our marriage is much stronger.  Oak is so comfortable with Apricot, and I truly believe that would not be the case if he had not been home this whole time.  I think he would be very uncomfortable and unsure with her.  So, burden?  Yes, in the wallet.  Blessing?  Absolutely, in every other aspect.


Lord, thank you for knowing me much more than I know myself.  And thank you for surrounding me with so much love.  I love you Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment