09 June 2011

No toe dipping here

So, I have been thinking of starting a blog for quite some time now.  Today is the day that I am jumping in - feet first!  It is both exciting and terrifying.


My goal here is to log some things and learn some things.  I do not have a very good memory, so I figured if I wrote it out here, journal-like, then it would come in handy later!  I would like to chat about my family, what we are learning, how God is molding us and teaching us daily, and how we are relying on Him more and more each day.  I am hoping to hone my grammar and editing skills here.  I figure the more I write, the better I will get.  Hopefully that holds true.


I am a wife of four years and a mother of four months.  My husband is wonderful; so wonderful, he is most of the time a better wife than I.  My daughter is beautiful and currently the source of all things happy.  She is such a little (big!) miracle; we are smitten.  We also have a cat, whom we love very much.


As of right now, I do not work outside of our home.  I am looking into a couple different things, and I am very curious as to what God has in store for me (us)!  I love to read, research, learn and be challenged.  Both of my current choices offer all of these things and more, so that is good.  It is just scary.  They both require me to step out of my comfort zone, and that is not something I love!


I usually have 5-10 tabs open on my Internet window.  I read a lot of different blogs, and sometimes they link elsewhere within their posts, and I am interested!  I need to read that tidbit too!  But later, so that I do not forget what I was originally reading.  I love to start new things; it is the finishing of things I have trouble with.  I usually have a lot of new things I am wanting to try.  And I am very easily distracted, hence the name of my blog.


Most of the time I have ideas rolling around in my head, or things that I want to get down on paper, so that I do not lose them.  Right now I am drawing a blank.  But as this is my introduction post, my goal really is to just paint a picture of who I am.


It is taking everything in my being to hit publish instead of delete.

1 comment:

  1. THANK YOU for your comment! You motivated me to action!

    Welcome to blogging! and in response to "I usually have 5-10 tabs open on my Internet window" I gotta say, SOLIDARITY, sista!

    Just prayed for your beautiful baby, for strength and peaceful, uneventful nights for all of you.

    ReplyDelete