21 July 2011

Flying randomness

Sometimes I wish my blog were like Facebook, with just status updates.

Every single night as I am feeding and rocking Apricot before bed, I think to myself, "I cannot believe another day has passed."  It always feels like I did not spend enough time with her, do enough with her, hold her enough.  Every. Single. Day.  Isn't that a little odd?  And it's not like I am out working all day, like some mothers.  I am home.  All day long.  Spending time with her.  And it still does not feel like it is enough.  Too weird.  It is amazing to me that I love her so much.  Oak and I were talking about it the other day.  It sounds really bad, but we can't think of any other way to say it:  We wish it were as easy to love each other.  Apricot is just so easy to love.  It just pours out of us.  Like nothing I have never experienced before in my life.  I remember a few weeks after she was born, I thought to myself, "I had no idea that THIS is how much my mom loves me."  It is nothing she could have ever explained to me.  And to think of her loving me like that is still a little strange, but at the same time I totally understand it.  In addition, having Apricot has allowed me to understand God's love for me a little.  I feel like I have talked about this before...  I did!  So anyway... I will stop gushing.

Poppop and Aunt Pink came over today to visit.  We went out to lunch, which was such a treat since today was only our third time out in six months.  It was lovely.  We sat Apricot in a high chair, covered it with this fancy thing that Oak's Mom-Mom got us, and enjoyed lunch!  It was great!

Tooth update!:  A fourth tooth has made an appearance as of yesterday.  The upper left next-to-the-middle tooth is out.  So we are slowly transitioning from Hillbilly to Hillbilly Vampire.  I cannot wait for Halloween.  Also as of yesterday, Apricot is learning to sit up by herself!  We are so proud.

I am praying to the Lord that we need Him.  Please help us.  We need direction, guidance, protection, comfort, carrying, love, grace, mercy.

No comments:

Post a Comment