30 July 2011

Warm fuzzies

Little Apricot,
Last night I heard you start chatting at about 4 a.m.  I was getting up to pump anyway, so I checked the monitor to find you on your back, wiggling around.  I went into your room and you smiled at me, your giant sleepy smile.  I smiled in return, and then I turned you over and started rubbing your back.  Then I thought to myself, "Hey, get a clue.  Apricot rarely wakes up in the middle of the night.  Perhaps you should investigate."  So I did.  I checked your sleep sack, and low and behold, you had leaked.  I lifted you out of your crib (I cannot believe how big you are getting, your sleepy weight felt so good in my arms), kissed your little head, and I put you on the changing table.  You were full of "uh-GUH's" and smiles.  I tried not to look at you too often, so I would not stimulate you.  But you would not have it - you just kept looking at me with your wide eyes.  Smiling at me every time I glanced in your direction.  You really are so beautiful.  I covered you in kisses.  Soft, little ones, so as to not get you riled up.  Then Daddy came in and I handed you off so I could change your bedding.  I don't know why, but your little life has touched me in the most amazing way.  Last night, when you were so full of sleepy and smiles... I just wish I could bottle that feeling.  It is truly the "warm fuzzy" of which I have always heard.  I love you, sweet girl.


Also, last night, before you drenched me in your fuzzy love, this is how you fell asleep.  You're such a little weirdo.


(Even when Daddy was fixing you, you kept trying to grab the bumper and go back
to this same position.  At six months old, even while asleep, you are already tenacious.)

No comments:

Post a Comment